Perfect replacements: BILSTEIN announces DampTronic® components for BMW 1 Series to 4 Series
The new generations of the 1, 2, 3 and 4 Series BMW are equipped with clever suspension technology which makes them well versed in the core virtues of agility and handling. To ensure that the ultimate driving experience lasts throughout the service life of the vehicles, BILSTEIN will expand its range of standard replacement components and complete suspensions. Details will be announced at automechanika in September.
In addition to the already available products for models without adaptive shock absorbers, vehicles with standard EDC are then also covered by the new DampTronic variants. In contrast to the competition, BILSTEIN will offer a complete portfolio of components for 1 Series to 4 Series vehicles. Plug-and-play makes installation easy.
The gas-pressure shock absorber type B4 DampTronic will be the replacement for standard parts in best OE quality, offering constant damping under any load, precise handling and high traction. “Better than the original” was the principle for the development of the BILSTEIN B6 DampTronic shock absorber, that features twin-tube or mono-tube upside-down technology. It delivers uncompromising road holding and increased tracking stability even in extreme situations, for example when pulling a trailer or with a heavy load in the vehicle.
Customers with standard active dampers looking for an even sportier driving experience with variable vehicle height can soon find their ideal partner in the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic. The coilover suspension additionally allows adjustment of the damping force and features an adjustment range that is suitable for approval, permitting subsequent height adjustment without renewed approval. The “robust lightweight design” with numerous aluminum parts also supports the dynamic handling of the vehicle while ensuring a long service life.
BILSTEIN has been offering numerous standard replacement parts and suspensions without DampTronic® for all mentioned vehicles without actively controlled shock absorbers for some time. For example, the BILSTEIN B4 and B6 shock absorbers as well as the B8 are designed for combining with lowering springs. Other highlights in the range are the complete suspension BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit and the B14 and B16 coilover suspensions. The latter is available in the ridecontrol® version which offers ride modes that can be selected from the cockpit.
BILSTEIN B4 DampTronic
- Article number: 23-238916 FAL, RRP: 407.00 euros excl. VAT (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-266469 FAL, RRP: 427.00 euros excl. VAT (for 4WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-238923 FAR, RRP: 407.00 euros excl. VAT (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-266476 FAR, RRP: 427.00 euros excl. VAT (for 4WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 20-238933 RA, RRP: 305.00 euros excl. VAT
BILSTEIN B6 DampTronic (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-250727 FAL, RRP: 469.00 euros excl. VAT (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-266483 FAL, RRP: 479.00 euros excl. VAT (for 4WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-250734 FAR, RRP: 469.00 euros excl. VAT (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 23-266490 FAR, RRP: 479.00 euros excl. VAT (for 4WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 20-250744 RA, RRP: 359.00 euros excl. VAT
BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic (for 2WD BMW 1-4 Series)
- Article number: 49-255935, RRP: 2280.00 euros excl. VAT
- Article number: 49-255980, RRP: 2380.00 euros excl. VAT
Passive suspension products already available: BILSTEIN B4, BILSTEIN B6, BILSTEIN B8, BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit, BILSTEIN B14, BILSTEIN B16 as well as BILSTEIN B16 ridecontrol®
Photograph: Copyright BILSTEIN 2016. Reprinting free of charge with reference to the source “BILSTEIN”. We look forward to receiving a specimen copy.